Saturday, June 4, 2011

Backyard gardening, update!

This weekend is shaping up to be rather rainy and unseasonable here in the peninsula.  So I am taking the morning to catch up on a few things around the house while Matt sleeps in.  Last weekend we hosted a Memorial Day BBQ for my Hungry Ladies club, and before everyone arrived, I had a chance to sit quietly in the garden for about an hour and just soak in all of its goodness.  Ziggy joined me.

Zucchinis (we have quite a few of them now!)

Red leaf lettuce getting bigger by the day.

I am most proud of my little garbanzo bean sproutlets. They were just dried garbanzo beans not that long ago! In the week since I took this picture they've gotten even bigger and more numerous.  It might be time to re-pot them soon.

Our parsley has been doing very strange things these days.  Several weeks ago it grew a huge stalk of flowers right smack in the middle of the plant.  Have you ever seen that before? I have not.

The beast, tentatively eyeing the outdoors.  He only comes out when one of us is there to protect him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please log into your Google or Gmail account first before typing a comment, otherwise blogger will take you to a login page when you hit "publish" and your comments will be lost!