Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's been quiet

It's been a quiet couple of months here. Ever since our wedding in July, we've been keeping a low profile. With the start of school in September, most of my photography, crafting, and cooking has been dialed back significantly, for better or worse. But that doesn't mean we haven't been keeping busy -- Matt's been unicycling and yoga-ing regularly almost every weekend, Henry's been a teenage joy and terror all at once, and I've been thinking more about teaching and how to get better at it.

I also took a little trip to western Mass to witness the marriage of one of my college friends. We've known each other almost 14 years now, so she is the closest thing I have to a sister. Her wedding was tucked away in the woods of a beautiful Quaker retreat center in Deerfield. Here are a few outtakes:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_6715

DSC_6713

The above shots should give some indication as to why I'd make a pretty lousy wedding photographer -- I forgot to photograph the people! I was having such a wonderful weekend catching up with old friends, eating delicious food, dancing, singing, and roasting marshmallows that I completely neglected my camera for most of the weekend. Sometimes just the memories are enough, though, and this weekend was full of lots of special ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please log into your Google or Gmail account first before typing a comment, otherwise blogger will take you to a login page when you hit "publish" and your comments will be lost!