Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cherry blossoms in DC

This past weekend, I was in DC for a nanobiology conference, and I got to spend a few extra days with my parents. We took Saturday morning to walk down to the tidal basin and enjoy the peak of the cherry blossoms, which I haven't seen blooming in probably 6 or 7 years.  It was a beautiful day!




There were lots of people out taking in the cherry blossoms.  My favorite tourists of the day were these two little girls dressed in pink, who spent about 10 minutes under this bough vamping for the camera:


I got some cute shots of mom and dad, too:





More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please log into your Google or Gmail account first before typing a comment, otherwise blogger will take you to a login page when you hit "publish" and your comments will be lost!